The Truth About IPP Sentences

Monthly Archives:

IPP sentence review faces further delay as government continues to dither

IPP sentence review faces further delay as government continues to dither

The Secretary of State for Justice Kenneth Clarke today announced that the Government are still consulting with regard to the review of the Indeterminate Sentence for Public Protection otherwise known as IPP sentences. It was expected that Mr Clark would have already announced the results of the review following publication of his Green Paper earlier…

Read more »

London riots are only the start as MPs ignore the truth

London riots are only the start as MPs ignore the truth

The Home Secretary, Theresa May was today questioned in the House of Commons about the riots in London at the weekend. In particular, she was asked to explain what further measures may be taken by the Metropolitan police in the event that similar events occur again. Mrs May was quick to praise the police for…

Read more »

Osborne’s Budget is a lie in true Conservative style

Osborne’s Budget is a lie in true Conservative style

The Chancellor, George Osborne is a clever man yet he cannot understand the plight of most ordinary people. His budget today gives the appearance of taking account of the problems that face most people in the UK, not least the cost of fuel, whilst at the same time he continues to rob us blind by…

Read more »

Should Britain have a Statute of Limitations on sex crimes?

Britain is unique in Europe in that it has no Statute of Limitations for serious sexual crimes. This means that someone can be arrested, charged and convicted for a crime that they committed half a century ago, even though many witnesses may be dead, memories are faded and the only evidence is the word of…

Read more »

How Much Profit do Energy Companies Really Make – Less Than You Think!

How Much Profit do Energy Companies Really Make – Less Than You Think!

Seriously. They make a lot less profit than you may imagine. If you think this is beyond belief, we share your astonishment. Nevertheless, it is a fact that energy companies make, on average, less than 1% – that's not a misprint; 1% or less really is the average yearly profit. The other 99% of the…

Read more »

IPP, CRB and Sentencing Review consultation is now closed – what next?

IPP, CRB and Sentencing Review consultation is now closed – what next?

The consultation period for the sentencing review and IPP sentences introduced by the Justice Secretary Kenneth Clarke has now concluded. Everybody will now wait with bated breath to discover what the conclusions of the review are. However, for the government this review is full of major difficulties, not least the fact that whatever they do…

Read more »

Sex Offender Laws Costing Our Children’s Education – A Warning from America

Sex Offender Laws Costing Our Children’s Education – A Warning from America

This is a major article I wrote this month for Citizens for Legislative Change, America (cfcamerica.org) and is very significant when we consider the situation that exists here in the UK with regard to Sex Offenders. (It was originally published in our FREE Subscribers Magazine which you can get HERE) TheOpinionSite.org makes no apology for…

Read more »

The Truth About CRB Checks – A problem without a solution?

The Truth About CRB Checks – A problem without  a solution?

(Originally published in our FREE Magazine available HERE) We’ve all heard about them, most people know what they are, individuals fear them and employers – well, some employers love them, some do not. Ever since the creation of Criminal Record Bureau checks, people have had mixed feelings about them. Many regard them as a necessary…

Read more »

Prison officers worried about jobs despite increase in prison population

Prison officers worried about jobs despite increase in prison population

Prison officers are concerned about their jobs it seems, depite the fact that prisoner numbers show no signs of reducing. Prison governors too have expressed concern that prisons may close and that this may result in prison staff being made redundant. TheOpinionSite.org does not share the concern of prison warders. The sad truth is that…

Read more »

Police using fear to try and prevent pay cuts

Police using fear to try and prevent pay cuts

The police are moaning once again about proposals to cut their pay. Uniformed heads have been popping up on radio and television for the last couple of days warning everybody that any changes to the structure of policemen’s wages will cause disaster for the very fabric of society. They are claiming that muggers will be…

Read more »